We are Trope Watchers, the podcast about pop culture and why it matters. Join Mia and Scott as we tackle a different topic and case study, and find new ways to be critical of the pop culture we love.
From the Archives: Why is Gaston a villain, but Ross and Ted “Nice Guys”? – Trope Watchers – Scholarly Pop Culture Criticism
At listener request, here is a re-upload of one of our most popular early episodes released back in 2017. We have no guests in this episode—it's just Scott and Mia (somewhat) affectionately hating on some terrible pop culture men.
- From the Archives: Why is Gaston a villain, but Ross and Ted “Nice Guys”?
- Disability in Game of Thrones (a lecture excerpt from The University of Sydney)
- Sydney’s Drag King Scene and Chemsex Between Men (with Dr Kerryn Drysdale)
- Interventionism and Burnham's Three Mummies in Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 (with Dr Tim Steains)
- Zombies, Pop Culture, and Pedagogy (with Dr Arnold T Blumberg)
A Clash of Critics
Welcome to A Clash of Critics, your scholarly podcast about George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. Join us for deep critical analysis of the series informed by different theoretical frameworks.